Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

first pain mgmnt doc failed goin to 2nd on the 22nd

CandyJCCandyJ Posts: 105
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Pain Management
Well I go see my new pain mgmnt doc on the 22nd. I am goin to see him cuz my 1st doc after seeing him for like 1.5 yrs just informed me that he didn't know that all my injuries are from a car accident and that he will not help me in my lawsuit. Plus I am glad not happy with my current doc, seems all he wants to do is push more pills or shots and not even talk to me about anything else that is available. So hoping this new doc will at least give me some different options and maybe a better way to control my pain. I currently take tylenol 2 with codiene like they r m&ms with no lasting relief, zanaflex for muscles, and vicodin for the times I just can't move or function which lately is often. If anyone has any advice or recommendations on meds for me to ask this new doc about plz by all means reply and let me know, if I am in chat pm me or just mention something I am writing it all down. I am also gonna ask him about a shoulder support to help take off the tension on my neck. Well thank you for letting me rant, lol. Candy

• Candy, check out the middle of the page under "Pain Management Techniques" for so more information on what is available to you out there besides just medication... check on the forum as well under "Alternative Therapies" for some interesting ideas..good luck to you!! it is always a good idea to go in prepared with a list of questions to ask your new doctor..and get them all answered to your understanding!!! let us know how it turns out for you!! Jenny :)
  • Have you had ultrasound therapy from a Chiropractor or inferential treatments? No adjustments though. I found it really helped a neck injury I had and also had it on my knee and lower back also.

My Dr. put on on slow release narcotics as I was in so much pain in the morning from not having any meds so the slow release MS Contin or presently I'm on Oxycontin. Hopefully he'll make the suggestion for narcotics though. I hope he can help manage your pain better also. Take care. Charry.
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • lulu I have looked all thru the website and the forums was just looking for some input on some ppls past experience. I get alot of ideas from the website and from different websites. Thank you for your input thou.
  • as far as a chiropractor none around in my area will touch me. As far as narcotics I am looking for something that has a lil less to do with taking pills constantly i am so sick of taking pills, plus with constant narcotics comes problems with other organs. I appreciate ur input thou tyvm
  • Candy

One thing that might help is to let everyone know what is the issues your having then others can respond with what might have worked for them. I know you had a two level ACDF, not sure if you ever fused though? At last check if I am not mistake then diagnosed you with, Brachial plexus injury, not sure how they have treated that either? Also If I remember correctly you have chron's? Now I could be wrong on these, so please correct me. But I think it will give members a better idea if they know the issues your having, and what you have tried so far?
  • well in all things u were correct tam, lol, good memory. They say I fused but never seen for myself. The brachial plexus is bn treated with braces and meds. The Crohns is under control enough. My problem now is just constant pain in my neck and down into my shoulders. I am so tired of taken pills and getn shots bn looking for something more long lasting. I have even thought of maybe having a pump put in that is what this new Pain mgmt doc thinks is a good idea. Hope this clears things up some sorry if I ever come across as harsh, my husband says pain can make the nicest person seem bitter sometimes.
  • Candy,

Is your pm doctor talking about a pain pump or a SCS(spinal cord stimulator). There are some really good threads on the forums on both of those issues, and you can also see whom has had them and how they worked for them.
  • Got to say I like him. He isn't one for putting u on all kinds of meds, and he is wanting me to try the scs too. I am glad I found him and I am glad that I might have a chance to get my life back to a point. Maybe Jan 23rd is the rebirth of my old life at least a lil bit. I get the trial on the 23rd of Jan and then after the 7 day trial we go for the perm one. Will keep everyone informed as much as possible. tc and everyone have a merry christmas and a happy new year.