Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2 level acdf in 2-3 weeks

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Well, I finally was able to see a neurosurgeon. I went to the ER at another hospital here and they referred me to their neurosurgeon that was on call. What followed was a big hassle and stressed me out-the woman who I first talked to at his office dismissed me and said he doesn't take cases like yours.

Since it was an ER referral they had to see me according to the ER doctor so I pressed for it and also talked to the patient rep at the hospital who called them. I saw them last Thursday and the NS told me I had significant compression of the spinal cord at C5-6 that needed to be addressed plus he would also do C4-5 if I decided to have the surgery. He said that there is basically no room for the spinal cord in the spinal canal. He said that since all conservative treatment has failed the next step is surgery. So I decided to do it.

I was worried about paying for it but I called the hospital and she said that as long as I was approved for CICP and the doctor accepts CICP they would pay. So that takes a load off my mind since it's "yes" to both.

I went out yesterday and bought 9 button down sweaters to wear during the recovery and plan on buying some pudding and yogurt beforehand. I already have jello-came in handy when I was sick while taking the pain meds and neurontin. I plan on doing my cleaning and laundry the two days before the surgery. I have plenty of stuff to keep me occupied during the recovery process and a big comfy recliner. I have no date yet but he said last Thursday that they were scheduling 3-4 weeks out. I also have to get another MRI before the surgery since the last one was in July.



Sign In or Register to comment.