Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New and Scared

joliejacqjjoliejacq Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in New Member Introductions
I'm a 59-year-old woman with a history of pelvic-floor dysfunction. About three weeks ago, while puttering around doing housework, I experienced sudden severe spasming of my lower back, mostly on the right side. I had trouble standing upright, and could not put weight on my right leg. I rested the next couple days, iced, and expected improvement.
After about a week, I noticed the onset of constant pain in what feels like my tailbone. I say constant - it's actually better if I'm up and walking around, but worsens when I'm sitting or lying down. Because I have a brother battling bone cancer, I have become alarmed by the pain.
My doctor sent me for x-rays last week, and she called to say that I have arthritis in the right sacroiliac joint, but that she saw no lesions. Could arthritis there be causing the kind of pain I'm experiencing, which seems to be in the tailbone? I notice my pelvic floor musles are really out of whack right now, too.
I have an appointment with an orthopedic doctor next Tuesday. Can anyone advise me as to whether sacroiliac joint issues can affect the tailbone?
Many thanks.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    I don't have any personal experience with your situation, but wanted to welcome you. And as you look around the site, you may find something of interest to you.

Also, the "search" on this site may lead you to some former posts that could help you figure things out.

I have arthritis in my neck and that causes severe right arm pain at times. So how the nerves travel around...referred pain?...I dunno.

It's good you are seeing a doctor soon. Please let us know how you are doing!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History