Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

GethealthynowGGethealthynow Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone! I am in dire straits trying to understand why I am having to go through this pain (understatement) every single day of my life with no end in sight. Please tell me that there is someone out there that, at the very least, understands my pain and frustration. :''( Here's my story:

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a while ago. Prior to the diagnosis, I had severe pain in my neck, going into my shoulders and now in my lower back shooting down into my left leg and causing it to go numb. I was referred to a Chiropractor whose 'forms of treatment' caused more pain since he would show my family members how to perform these on me. Their practice session was in his office on my visits. :? After about six months, I had to quit my job because the pain was so excrutiating on a daily basis. The result of that was - you guessed right!! - no insurance. Thereafter, physical therapy was ordered for me that cost the earth and also did not help. ~X( And so the saga begins. The pain gets worse due to the stress of not having insurance and trying not to run up doctors bills, but I cannot see the doctor without paying up front for the visit. In a nutshell, I cannot work because of the pain and cannot get help for the pain because I am unemployed. Can someone please explain to me what I'm supposed to do? I live with chronic back pain from my neck down to my lower back, etc. every single day of my life and have no meds to take, am on the last of my gapabenton and zoloft, with nothing to take for the pain. Its excrutiating just to get out of bed each morning, let alone walk or try to turn my head, or bend down to put shoes on. Please help? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Oh - FYI - going to the ER is like going to sell yourself for drugs. It's almost as though you're wasting their (the doctors and nurses) time at the ER and you are fabricating the pain! I have been to the ER at most 3 times this years and got sent home feeling worse than when I went in and with ibuprofen that does absolutely nothing for my pain! Desperate for help. :''(

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i can read of your frustration and extreme pain you are going through... i do not have your specific pain problem but we do suffer with pain!! i too am a cash patient when it comes to my pain doctor.. it is very costly and we were fortunate enough to get a small break on the price being cash patients... anyway,it is very stressful to have to make that bill each month.. i understand your being fedup with the E.R..some of us have been throught the same type of treatment, or lack or treatment!!all i can offer you is a big hello and to let you know that you are not alone out there!! stop by the forum anytime! Jenny :)