Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACDF- weird sensations by incision

Ependymoma23EEpendymoma23 Posts: 10
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
help im now 2 months since a c3-t2 acdf and im having stinging sensations around the bottom of it and its still painful and irritating around it

its been 2 months and im just curious if this is normal or part of healing for a large incsion

is the metal bothering my skin ?

also im allowed to sleep without my neck collar and when i wake up teh skin hurts because its being pulled, a large amount of skin was taken off and stitched and glued together

• Around 2.5 months the numbness around the incision started wearing off and the incision (for me below the chin to the incision) felt very weird. For example, if someone was touching that are, I would know someone is touching it, but not exactly where. I would also get little shooting pains from the incision area to the tip of my chin. Now, about 6 months post op, I have more sensation, but have also developed a choaking feeling 24/7. Don't worry though, no one knows what it is, and its not normal so I doubt you would get that.
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • called my neurosurgeons office and they said the activities ive been doing are no no's

that i need to ask for help for often than i do which is VERY rare

since im 2 months they said the tingling could be that its so close still to my surgery and that my surgery was huge

im a incomplete quad from a tumor being removed as well