Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical Bone Spurs treatment options

ranger1032rranger1032 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
So I started getting pain down my right arm stopping at about my elbow four weeks ago. I started seeing the chiropractor in addition to an orthopedist. MRI results show that I have 'a large osteophyte complex at c5-6 with eccentric protrusion to the right possibly causing impingement of the c6 nerve root resulting central canal narrowing and impingement of the ventral thecal sac'. So the orthopedist told me that in essence I have a bulged disk and has me on a conservative treatment of anti-inflamatories, ice as needed, rest. He told me it could be up to 10 weeks to get completely better. I felt pretty good and was released to go back to work, Law Enforcement, and after one day was back in alot of pain, so I am out again. I saw my chiropractor yesterday and he told me that it the 'osteophyte' is a bone spur, which the ortho didn't mention. In looking online, it appears that my MRI doesn't show a bulged disk, but rather the bone spurs.

In essence, my question is is time and anit-inflamatories going to help for bone spurs?

Any thoughts or treatment positives and negatives welcome.