Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

battery pack getting conection

wdwgrannywwdwgranny Posts: 63
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
i seem to be having a harder and harder time getting my stim to comunicate with my battery i have put on weight, it is on my back side ,left just at pant line. i have to bend twist to try to get it to turn on , has anyone had this problem i have had it in me for aprox 3 yrs, it started out great , now if is just a giant pain to get to adjust when i need it some times i cramp and need to adjust it fast to stop pain , but the hassle is just getting not worth itl.. do you think they would move my battery pack for me? i am in the process of trying to lose weight but it is a slow process :(. thank you

• I am Sure they would. Mine can be remove if I see it not working most battery pack only last a few years But before you have that done. See if they will reprogram you

• I would contact the doctor, because it may have flipped or the wires coiled around it may be blocking your signal path. Either way it's best to have the doc check it out and if he feels it should be moved, then you've saved yourself a lot of hassle.

Question, how is your signal communication when it comes to charging? Or is yours non-rechargeable?

• I've only have my SCS for three months but I am also having this problem. It takes me forever to get enough of a signal for it to even charge. My rep checked it and he said that the battery pack has slightly flipped and healed at an angle. What I don't understand is why the programer has no problem at all finding it, but the battery charger does. Mine is in my hip and at times it gets so sore from trying to get it to connect I can hardly touch it. I may also have to have mine repositioned. Good luck.