Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Could it get any WORSE????

2muchpain1122muchpain11 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I have DDD and have had numerous surgeries & procedures, in Nov. I had a intrathecal pain pump installed, a month & a week later I developed a massive infection. They had to go in & remove the entire system, now a week post emergency surgery I find out I have a FAST GROWING FAST ACID BACILLUS. The Dr.(s) need to do further tests because they do not know what has caused it but threw out words like could be a strain of TB or Leprisy.... HELP ME Understand... besides the pain issues I have always been fairly healthy......... please, Christmas is right around the corner & I can't take much more.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    ..some complicating words and infection that I'm sure is very frightening. I can't imagine getting used to a new pain management system and...out it comes.

Docs don't like mysteries, so I am sure they will work very hard to heal you as quickly as possible. I know it will not be easy, but the more you can relax and use your energy to heal..that will be less strain on your body.

But you will also need to keep on top of your pain levels and let docs know how that is going. I've had experience where one doc takes care of one area another doc another area....so to know who will keep your pain under control and rest best you can is probably job enough for you.

It is Christmas where you may have thought you'd be on the healing side of the surgery, so you are beyond disappointed I'm sure. But all your loved ones want is for you to be well and to feel well.

I'm sorry for all you're going through. Hopefully, you will feel well enough to keep in touch and let us know how you're doing. Sometimes purusing the site can help the time go by.

Praying for you
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History