Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lower back L5 -S1 and Neck pain C5 -T1

desb63ddesb63 UKPosts: 107
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi I am new to this site 20/12 2011
Glad I've found this forum,I have had sciatic nerve pain for around 4 years now,with muscle spasms in left leg only,also with drop foot with icy cold foot and leg at times.I have just undergone spinal surgery for decompression and spondylolthesis at L5 S1,with pedical screws and rods for stabilisation,also had a fusion,nerves were compressed badly so bone was removed to make a space for them,I am 4 weeks post op now still have foot drop with painful foot, and some muscle spasms although they are not as strong as before and not as cold,lower back is a little painful but is expected,not sure how hard I can push it without causing damage to the surgery.Will see my surgeon mid Jan 2012 for my 1st review.

I also have neck pain caused by a car accident approximately 14 years ago with bad headaches for years,I have undergone nerve root blocks at several different levels with limited relief from a pain clinic,I then had Nerve denervation at two levels on separate occasions one helped pain in my right arm and fingers,the other done nothing at all, I was waiting for a third one,but cancelled on the advice of my new spinal surgeon who told me not to have anymore cut as he wanted to treat the cause of the pain rather than cut nerves.I am due to have surgery in 2012 for anterior cervical decompression at C5/6 with pedical screws and disc removal.I also have some kind of bone spurs at different levels which may need to be trimmed.

I have Had knee surgery, Cartilage trimmed on both knees,and a further debridement on my right knee approx 10-15 years ago

Thats about it for now could go on longer but these are the main things,it will be interesting to see how people recover from different operations,and maybe let others know how I get on with mine.

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i to suffer from sciatica and know of the pain you speak of!! i am sorry to read you have an impending surgery in 2012....check out the "Back and Neck surgery" forum for more input..you don't say if you are using any nerve pain medications for your sciatica.. i have found them, i use Lyrica, to be very effective for pain relief!! you might speak to your doctor if you are not using any!! good luck! stop by the forum anytime! Jenny :)
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    It sure seems like you have been through quite a lot. I have not had surgery..so can not relate there.

But wanted to welcome you and I do look forward to seeing how you are getting along. This is a great site with a lot of info. Hopefully you will find articles, or former posts to be info to benefit you.

Very best wishes to you!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History