Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Member Introductions

jclinton36jjclinton36 Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, my name is Jennifer. I am very new to the whole chat thing so please bare with me. I am 3 weeks post discectomy on l5 and 9 weeks post cervical fusion of c4. I also have degenerative disc disease, osteoarthiritis, fibromialgia, kidney stones, and ulcers. So, I do not enjoy spilling it out that way, I try very hard to not talk about these things cause people usually just say "Oh you poor thing" or "Bless your heart" or something along those lines. I do not enjoy being pityed. But, when I was doing some research I discovered this chat area and my fiancee thought it was a good idea that I started talking about some of the problems that I face with people that understood better and that might have some words of wisdom. Well, thank you and glad to be apart of this.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    ...a few things on your list. Sounds like you have a wise man in your life...suggesting this site..or others...but truly this is the best..ever! :)

It really has made a difference for me being here.. being able to say something and others understand right away.

Like when I mention somethng and people are like just knowing I am also not sleeping. It's like, "Yeah..wow..they are living my life."

So truly I hope it helps to know you're not alone.

I have not had surgery, so can't relate to that, but someone will be along and probably be able to relate. Many kind, kind people here.

Besides the posts, lots of articles and info and the search on this site for topics of interest to you from previous posts.. may be quite helpful to you.

Sorry you are in pain, but glad you are here. :)
    Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Amen to that. Thank you for welcoming me to this, I really appreciate it. I've never been in a chat rloom before and really didn't know how it worked. I totally understand about the not sleeping, it stinks and I work in a laboratory so I gotta have my game face on at all times. But, at least after everything that's been going on my fiancee told me that I should go to part time and since I've done that I've had an easier time at work. It's just this pain in my legs that none of the doctors can figure out. My legs are so weak and they just throb all of the time. It feels muscular or skeletal but the surgeon, rheumatologist, and my Pcp has no idea why they hurt. Well, I'll be praying for you and thank you again. It's such a blessing to be able to talk with people that truly understand. God bless.
  • Welcome to Spine-Health.

You do have a lot on your plate and I can only echo Savage that you have a wise fiance suggesting you come here for support. It's hard for anyone without spine problems to understand what we go through.

I've also had both cervical and lumbar surgeries and can relate to you in that area.

Please keep in mind as you read through the forums that many have had successful surgeries and move on with their lives, thus they don't post here anymore because they don't need the support given here. So many times, you hear more bad stories than good throughout the forums. But that doesn't mean we can't get better at some point.

I'm glad you found us and hope you stay and get the support you need. They'll be no babying here - you poor thing. (just kidding :-) ).

Take care and I look forward to hearing more from you.

• :H

Wow, 6 weeks between a cervical fusion and a lumbar discectomy. That must be hard to recover from.

You will find many people here who are also going through several problems. It is great to be able to talk to people who really understand the effect pain and limitations on their lives.

We are a friendly bunch and give and get wonderful support.

Looking forward to getting to know you a bit more.

• Hi Cathie, thank you so much for your encouraging words. I'm kinda having a pretty hard day right now at work so receiving your message was a God send. I get migraine's and I woke up with this one and the muscles in my neck are solid as a rock. I go in for my physical therapy post surgeries on the 26th so I'm praying that it will help in some way. I'm truly trying my best to have a positive attitude. I see patient's all day and I try to talk to them and listen to them, try to remind them that God is there to help them. So, I guess I need to listen to my own advice. I pray that God blesses you, you know that story in the bible about the woman that had diseases and she had so much faith that she knew if she touched the hem of Jesus' robe that she would be healed? I love that story and I try so hard to have that faith that he will heal me and everyone else. God bless you and hope to hear from you soon. Do you have any advice on leg pain? I have throbbing in the muscles and skeletal. thank you again.

• Hey, I appreciate your understanding, I really do. sometimes it gets me down but I have the love of so many wonderful people and that helps, but none of them deal with pain everyday. It makes me feel so bad that when I'm hurting so much that I can't move and I can't do the things that I used to do with my children or miss certain events that I was supposed to go too. So, it is definitely nice to have people that go thru the same thing and that totally understands. God bless y ou all! Thank you and if you ever need to vent I'm a good listener. Hope you have a groovy rest of the day.