Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

post cervical fusion and lumbar microdiscectomy

jclinton36jjclinton36 Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi, my name is Jennifer and I am 9 weeks post cervical fusion and 3 weeks post microdiscectomy. The fusion has helped a lot with left arm pain, upper back pain on left side, and I am able to make my left hand do what I want it to do again. I never thought that I would be able to play the piano ever again but praise the Lord he made it possible. The only problem is I am still having neck pain and my migraines are more frequent then they were. I realize that I am only 9 weeks post surgery so I need to be patient, but the same issues of the neck are going on. The microdiscectomy was a huge success with the leg pain. I was having severe sciatica pain shooting down the right leg to the mid calf with also almost unbearable tailbone pain. So, needless to say every time I walked, worked, anything it was difficult keeping my happy thoughts. I'm only 2 weeks post surgery and the leg pain is gone. I am still having tailbone pain and lower back pain that feels the same as before. I sure would appreciate any words of wisdom. I'm only 35 and have 3 beautiful children and 3 step children that need me around so I gotta take care of myself. God bless you all.