Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Another herniated disk I think

BobbijoBBobbijo Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in New Member Introductions
Dear friends, I'm 40 yrs old , smoker, have had chronic nerve pain 10 years from accidental co2 poisioned from heating system. Plus many back injuries from restaurant buiness and sport injuries. I had a very sucessful disectomy on l4,5 S1. One day they all herniated at once with severe drop foot and felt like fireworks going off. I feel like I had excellent care and last 2 years have been able to garden and play tennis. My chronic nerve pain is managed well with methadone. But about a month ago I have no idea what I did but my drop foot leg started twitching horrible and than went into other leg. After my first surgery I did so much walking for the foot and back I developed a very large softball size muscle inside of leg above ankle. I was told it was fine . That's my first question. Did anyone develop this large unusual bulge from exercise. My other question is like I said I don't know what I did but my calf muscles now spasm to point you can see twitching and foot going numb at times. It has been ridiculous getting into my family Dr so after demanding a referral to my back surgeon she sent one but not an orger for MRI. I knew he would not even consider seeing me without a MRI with these new symptoms. So now it's been 3 weeks and even the surgeon office said you should just go to ER and get the MRI so we can see you. I just relized that I have horrible atrophy already in my bad leg and atrophy happening in other. My twitching does not stop and calf muscles are going quickly and I'm having to demand care. I would think after I told the nurse my symptoms she would of had me in a MRI machine that day. I will go get one today at ER. I know you can't say without MRI but do you think I've re herniated a disk or disks and this could lead to another surgery. How sucessful is another disectomy on same disk and am I getting perminate damage from this twitching ? I'm not a fan of Drs being sued but I'll tell you what my dr office has turned into a joke. The girls that schedual make the shots of your condition and when you see the Dr and the nurse is returning calls for 9 Drs. I am double insured , have never misused pain control methods and now am worried sick about what I've done.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    I'm not exactly sure if I am understanding correctly. Seems like you were or are on Methadone after a surgery and able to return to your gardening and tennis...?

It seems you had two good years. I don't know for sure, but for me..even if pain controlled pretty well.. I still remember..mostly.. to stay aligned and not do things that I know my spine has rebelled against in the past.

And doctor's offices...I'll never understand what constitutes immediate action and why they decide to wait months.

It's good you are going to ER for pain control. It isn't a substitute for doctor, but I have had to go to ER just to stop the crazy making pain.

I hope seeing the doctor will give you answers to your questions..and pain control.

Let us know how you are doing.
    Hopefully, when you talk with doc you will get all the questions answered.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• I hope you get the care and tests that you need, Please keep us updated :)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. take care of yourself!! stop by the forum anytime, there is always a spiney around!! good luck as you search for pain relief!! Jenny :)