Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Info wanted!

Hero9HHero9 Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and would like a little more information on DDD. For starters I am 17 years old. Back in august 2011 I was in a car accident which caused me to have horrible lower back pain, had an MRI done and yesterday I was diagnosed with servere degenerative disc disease and steneois. My L5-S1 disc is completely gone, i'm basically bone to bone right now. I really do not know much about this and just whnt the doctor said. I have done some research on the internet but I would like some personal stories. Also how common is it for a disc to be completely gone at such a young age. Im rather worried right now.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    So sorry about all your pain and your present bone on bone situation.

I am unable to speak to your situation, but I wanted to welcome you here. Many kind and informed people here may have spinal issues that they can speak from.

Not sure if you were alone when you listened to all the doctor's info ...but I always try to have a friend with me to help me remember..or for them to ask questions on things I may have missed.

It can get very confusing. It's good to keep good communication letting doc know how you may not understand something, or how you are with pain control...etc...

Doctors usually want you to have a good understanding of your condition. There is a better chance that we patients will comply with treatments when we understand.

Best of luck to you and please keep in touch with how you are doing!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Thanks for the reply! I had my older sister with me who works as a medical scheduler, so she understood some of this and asked some questions. At the time I didn't really get what was going on and didn't really let it sink in until I got home and did some research, now i'm full of questions!!! I have been put on treatment and will be going back in three months to see how I am doing and discuss more options if the pain is still the same.