Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery on Jan 11

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Going to have a 2 level acdf. What sucks now is my knee hurts like heck. I fell in a hole in June-actually that leg fell into it and the other buckled under and I broke my ankle. Now I'm wondering if i didn't do some damage to the other leg-the one that fell into the pipe.

Anyway, this has been a lousy year-I'm so tired of pain.

• Ouch!!

I am also ready to say goodbye to 2011! I am hopeful that 2012 will be better. (Except for the fact that I met my out of pocket maximum and deductible this year so I will have to start paying again in 2012!!!)

I am getting botox injections in my mid back and neck on Dec 28 so I am hopeful that that will help as well!

Good luck to you with your neck and your knee/leg. That is horrible that you fell in a hole!

I am glad that I finally have some medications that help, and pt for the last couple months has also helped.

Merry christmas and to a better year in 2012!!
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • Yeah, 2011 was a sucky year but like you I also reached my co pay cap for the state medical program so when the New Year starts I start paying again. But since the reason I am having surgery is the result of a car accident insurance pays the bills now.

I'm glad you found something to help you after your surgery didn't didn't stop all the pain. I didn't find any medication that helped the pain-vicodin, percoset, tramadol, ms contin and neurontin did NOTHING for the pain. As for PT that made the pain worse so I just stopped.

Hope you have a better 2012!
  • Poochiewoochie, So sorry for such a horrible fall..it's bad enough to have one area of your body hurting without other parts too! Those kind of accidents are also so jarring to everything! Best wishes on your 1-11 surgery, and here's to a better year in 2012!
  • I went to the ER the day after Christmas because my leg is buckling up and in pain and was referred to an ortho surgeon who says I might have a torn meniscus and I need an MRI for that. I can still walk on the leg-just very gingerly, because it buckles when I go for too long. He said if it is a torn meniscus I might need surgery but he said to go ahead with my neck surgery and then we'll work on the leg. It's like he said-we can only do one at a time.

OH well, looks like 2012 is started out great too. But I'm going to keep a positive attitude!
  • You have had a tough 2011 so I hope 2012 is better. As my surgeon told me "Neck trumps back" and I guess that goes for knees too. It is difficult knowing you have another issue to take care of when you already have to deal with the ACDF! I had the ACDF in May and am seeing my surgeon Wednesday about my lower back.

Take care of yourself. Depending on the problem with your knee, maybe they can recommend something to provide more support.

4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • Actually, the knee is better today. I've been staying off it as much as possible. It didn't hurt last night so I got some needed sleep and it hasn't been buckling today. I've also been wearing a knee brace I bought.

How is your neck doing?