Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Alprazolam ( Xanax ) for shoulder blades severe spasm

newherennewhere Posts: 61
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
So i am allready taking this drug allmost a year. I have severe upper back/shoulder blades spasm,i cant breathe normal sometimes without intense pain. After taking this pils,i feel so good.
No other drugs make me feel better like this does.
This calm my muscles and pain in thoracic area.
Anyone taking this also everyday? i am addicted now to this pils because the relieve my problems.
I'm wondering if there is some side effect from this if taken longer time. Thank you.

• Addiction, or dependency, is inevtible with pain killers and bensodiazepines. There's a vast difference between physical dependency and/or psychological addition/overuse. Physical dependency will happen, it just will. It means that your body gets used to it. One doctor told me that had bensodiazepines been introduced NOW, they would most probably never have made it beyond a medication review committe due to their ability to create the dependency. They're extraordinarily effective but then that's also the risk.

I've been taking xanax in depot-form since a few months after my accident that caused the back injuries. It is the only thing that relieves the spasms. As long as you keep yourself at the prescribe dose and doesn't slip over, you should be fine. They hammer the risk of dependency into you but just because you take it doesn't mean you'll become a outright addict.
    Have you tried baclofen?
  • i did try baclofen,but he didnt help me nothing. he just hit's me in the head and i did feel strange while taking it,but without help.
  • I turned out to be allergic to Baclofen so whatever works :)