Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACDF recovery

Amanda LenhartAAmanda Lenhart Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
My husband had an ACDF last week. When he got home we had a really difficult time getting him comfortable. I did a little research, and found a group of pillows that turned out to be invaluable throughout his recovery. Lucky for us we have a Relax the Back store locally and we were able to send his mom to pick them up the same day. If you are having a spine surgery I would recommend ordering these pillows or having them on hand before you or your loved one returns. My husband is 6'10" and the pillows can be adjusted to keep him comfortable in the bed or in his big chair. Good luck, and I wish you a speedy recovery!

Bed Wedges

Bed wedges provide the support and comfort of an adjustable bed. With bed
wedges, you can sit upright or lie back in the Zero Gravity position. This position reduces pressure on your spine, while increasing circulation and relieving muscle tension. Another benefit of adjustable bed wedges is that they reduce the stress on your heart by elevating your lower body.

If you have pain in your knees or pain associated with varicose veins, bed wedges allow you to raise your legs and relax in total comfort. Heartburn sufferers have also reported increased comfort while using wedges.

Enjoy a Good Night's Rest with a Bed Wedge System.
Find a Store near you.

• I have been reading through all articles that were results for Autograph recovery and pain I'm finding a lot about how it compares to BMP and Lumbar surgeries but I'm really looking for any advice for the recovery. I've had my ACDF 5 weeks ago and In a lot of pain from the Auto graph. I am wondering if I am over doing it or not doing enough. Supposedly my parents research showed that at 6 weeks most people are up and pain free and then I read the opposite that it's very painful and takes more like 3-6 months. So what does this mean? Are there restrictions for Autograph and when I get these time frames does that refer to how long to expect pain? My hip is so swollen and at the end of the day its going down my inner thighs and that whole area hurts. I am not getting much direction from Nuero so anything any advise would be very helpful!