Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

So Many Things Change

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Matters of the Heart
I have been part of the Spine-Health community for over 5 years now.

I have watched this site grow from a little online community to a massive site with over 11,000 International members and volumes of Medical articles and videos.

To have seen the medical side grow so much, would have been more than enough to keep me on this site. The level of details combined with the volume never stop.

Put all that aside for a moment or two. What really makes this site gel together is the member forums. The number of people that take the time to register and start to use this site is amazing. I watch to see how many new people register every day.

When people register, they are generally looking for answers. Perhaps answers to their questions that their own doctors told them, and perhaps did not understand. It could also be something they thought about well after their doctor visits or even surgery.

There really isn't any time limit here. People post in time frames, before, during and after well after surgery.

One thing that my team always notices, is the number of people that are here for awhile and then drop out. We are not like a school, were attendance is so very important. Instead, we love to see people that have come here with a problem, received the information they needed and were able to move on! How much better can that get!

I dont have any numbers to substantiate that, but I have seen so many people move on and away.

But what I love even more, is to see how many members stay here beyond their critical needs. Those folks are the ones with all the experiences and first hand knowledge that becomes so very important to new members.

I like many other members who have 'passed' their medical situation and have learned how to deal with it stay on to help. Everything done here is on a volunteer basis, but from the emotions and convictions I have read here, that doesn't matter.

What matters, is YOU, You, , You

And those are just some of the reasons, people like yourselves stay on to help
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com