Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

jonesdbjjonesdb Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Recovering from C5-6-7 two level ACDF on 22 November 2011. Only wore a soft collar occasionally, as directed, and have been walking 3-5 miles each day from 3 days after surgery. Recovery is very slow and full of "ups and downs". Don't feel myself and main pain is across right shoulder around behind my ear and across to the front of my head. Feels inflamed, but anti-inflamatories not possible during the fusing period. X-ray and follow-up in 4 weeks time. Has anyone else had the sort of pain & any suggestions on how to deal with it? I guess patience and taking it easy are a big part of the answer - I also take 8 x 100/8 cocodamol each day.

A period of great uncertainty!

• It's too early to consider joint mobilization and manipulation in the traditional chiropractic sense. But there are other treatment modalities that a proper chiropractor could apply. Certainly, the electrical modalities (interferential, EMS, TENS) come to mind. Ultrasound might be worth considering. There are muscle treatments as well (trigger point, receptor tonus technique, isometric strengthening, Active Muscle Relaxion Technique)

I am a chiropractor and I caution you when you choose a chiropractor. There are a lot of sub-par chiropractic physicians out there. Find a science based one. If it looks like he wants to wave eagle feathers and toss chicken bones, run down the street to the next chiropractor.