Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C5 Fracture

CharlieBrittCCharlieBritt Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum and also new to having fracture of my neck C5.

I was released from a local hospital yesterday having spent 3 days there while a number of investigations were done. I am a present wearing a collar while I await appointments to be confirmed, the pain i am experiencing is very high, maybe a 7 on the pain scale. I have been given Tramadol 50mg by the hospital to tale every 4 hours, these do have some effect but only for an hour or so.

Will the fact that i was taken to hospital by ambulance without a neck brace on and made to wait a number of hours prior to the correct diagnosis have any long term effects of bearing on my self and my ongoing pain.

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    If the current meds are not working well I would suggest placing a call to your primary care doc. Try not to stress about not having a neck brace on during the ambulance drive, I would think that many test were done before they let you leave the hospital. Keep us posted