Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACDF and sleeping

bedawgsbbedawgs Posts: 57
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had Two level acdf 9 weeks ago,and Ive noticed that all I want to do is stay in bed all the time,is it normal to stat so tired and how long does that last?

• I had been really tired before the surgery, and remained tired afterward. You could still be recovering, or you could be "down", or it could be some other medical issue...something out of balance. If it keeps up, you could see your primary. Sometimes if I could get myself going, at least I could keep going for a while.

4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    I found that after my ACDF, when I went back to work, I was miserable. Not due to my neck, but do the the fact I had done nothing during my recovery time. In my subsequent C5-C7 posterior foraminotomy I cleared it with my doctor to do moderate exercise early on. After a week at home I started on the treadmill. I did 5 minutes at 1 mph. Then the next day I went to 6 minutes, then 7 minutes, etc. When I got to 10 minutes I upped it to 1.25 mph. AT 20 minutes to 1.5 mph. I did far better the second time around as I didn't allow deconditioning to set it.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos