Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Could srews and plates in the neck cause other issues?

hisbeauty4asheshhisbeauty4ashes Posts: 182
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all I am facing allot do to passed surgeries it is unbelievable. I was wondering if anyone on this from may have some answers for me.

I had four neck surgeries. Two of them were for fusion, one was fused from the front, and one was fused from the back of the neck. Two times instrumentation was taken from the back of the neck. The pain is still horrific.

I was wondering Can the pain I experience be left over from the instrumentation in the front of the neck?

I experience, sharp spasm/ cramping pain in my collarbone on each side of the neck and in the back of the neck. I feel the pain from the color bone go under my arm to my pits and back around the shoulders. I feel a burning sensation down my left arm through the last two fingers.

Also in 2009 I was diagnosed with T7 thru T9 is herniated. They will not touch that and it is so painful. I have gotten injections for all this, and the injections no longer work. I have had PT it does not work. I went to a Chiropractor which made me worse. Medication makes me sick to the point of vomiting and it wires. I am so sensitive to narcotic's.

Now they want to put a spinal Stimulator implant in my spine.Yikes!

Then this Wednesday I do an extensive study on my bladder because I am loosing function and sure enough now I have to have a catheter. I mean really!! This cannot be happening I am 44 and have yet to live my life. They told me it was from my spinal surgeries.

Anyway I am just wondering if perhaps the instruments still left in my neck might be part of the problem with the pain I described in the first parahgraph. Has that been a problem for others on this board if so please share them.

I am making an appointment with my back doctor.

I do not mean to complain I am just so tired of the battle like so many of you.

Happy New YEAR!

• They can do a hardware block to see if your hardware is indeed the issue. At this point and time you don't want to go through a surgery that is wouldn't help the pain, as I am sure you are mounting scar tissue. Being a multiple cervical surgery person myself the scar tissue is mounting and not helping any at this point and time.

AS far as the bladder issues, I can tell you the studies are not that bad, had them done myself. I am a self cather and will be more than likely for life. You might find that some medications may help your issue, once they discover the source of what is causing it. I did the whole leg bag for over a month till they found the source of the issues, then they taught me to self cath. Something I would prefer not to do, but the pain from not being able to relieve myself is far greater than the humility of self cathing. Good luck with the test and hopefully they will find a answer for the pain and the bladder issues.