Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie From Australia

MelissatMMelissat Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi Everyone,
My name is Melissa and its great to find this site. I have severe Spinal Decompression L4 and L5. Arthritis and Disc degeneration. My biggest issue is severe sciatic pain.I have been up and down for 5years with this condition but the pain is now chronic..I am waiting to see another ortho doc in a few weeks as it seems fusion is the only thing that can help...I look forward sharing experiences with you.

• Hi Melissa,
    I'm also new, from Australia and am considering going ahead with fusion surgery this year sometime for back and leg pain. Have you been to see a neurosurgeon for your condition?

• I'm also in Aus, and am relatively new here...I'm looking at surgery for my herniation & sciatica... have tried steroid injections, physio, pilates...and my pain is getting worse! :( Another challenge is that I'm on Workers comp for my injury (still working, but treatment is covered-thank goodness!)
    Hopefully we can share some info and our experiences/tips for treatment and pain management?
  • I'd really like that.
    I had a steroid injection a couple of weeks ago which hasn't worked either. I'm going back to see the neurosurgeon next week and am going to try to get some answers. I don't really want surgery but I think I've tried everything else and maybe after surgery I could look forward to an improvement instead of increasing pain. How long have you had your injury?
    Also, do you have a good bed? I got a new mattress recently which has helped (old mattress was too firm).