Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New MRI pic

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I went for my new MRI today-here's a picture of my herniation

I also went for my pre op at the NS and there is so much to take in that I think I am confused about how long I'll be wearing the collar-I think it was 12 weeks but isn't that a long time? I'll be wearing a miami j collar-got it today and she said the NS might also give me a hard collar to wear for the shower.

I got prescriptions for valium and vicodin but since I have a sensitivity to pain they might not work she said. That was my problem-NOTHING worked for the pain when it was so intense. She did tell me that nerve pain is hard to manage with the narcotics.

My surgery it next Wednesday-can't believe it's almost here. My arms are really hurting and I can't sew like I did before because of it. And the numbness in my left arm is there all the time. It's a weird feeling.

Friday I go to to the pre-surgery clinic for blood work, an EKG and urine test and Tuesday I have another MRI for my leg. It's weird-when I had my first MRI for my neck I had the collar on and it was comfortable-today it wasn't. When I got up my neck, shoulders, collarbone area and arms hurt like heck. The PA said it was because I have a central herniation-if it was off to one side like my herniation at c4-5 it would be on just one side.

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Ouch!!!!! You will soon be on the other side of surgery and feeling better. Keep us posted on how you are feeling. I always hated wearing the collars!!!! On my last surgery the doc said no collar and I was thrilled! Good luck
  • Good luck with your surgery! I know that pain from c4-5 is horrible!!! No meds helped me pre op, but the valium worked wonders post op. I took percocet and valium for the first couple weeks, then vicodin and valium after that. Let us know how it goes!
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg