Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Whahoo--slept 4 hours straight

Neck of Steel CindyNNeck of Steel Cindy Posts: 1,064
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Sleep Problems
Absolutely shocking that I slept for 4 hours straight last night. I haven't done that for years; sleep is very fitful and typically I sleep for 1-2 hours, am up for a while trying to get comfortable, then back to bed (or the recliner or couch). This pattern has been my life for 3-4 years or more. I just haven't been able to be comfortable enough to sleep in one position.

We found a used hot tub and had it installed for Christmas. I was in it just before bed last night, and was very relaxed when I tried to go to bed. Unbelievable! I slept for about 4 hours without getting up. I think I'll be hitting the hot tub before bed every night from here on out!

Just thought I'd share.
Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!

• I installed the tub with the power jets on it before my surgery thinking just in case, Best decision i made, I use it every morning to feel a litle beter and sometimes even during the day when pain is too much just sit in it and have the jets massage the legs and back and arms,

I wish i had a biger bathroom that i could of done the full size juccuzi because this is a must for anyone who had spine surgery,

Glad you got some releif Cindy. Jump in it when you wake up also. Thats what its for,

I use the tub many times 2 times a day not because i need a bath, lol. Its because it helps break up the muscle stifness,

I am thinking how can i put a jucuzi in the car while i am driving, Is that legal?

Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Now that would make for some interesting driving!

For a long time, I've soaked in my bathtub several times in a 24 hour period. But of course it is just a plain old tub and we didn't have room to put a larger jacuzzi one in. This is an outside spa/hot tub, and I love it. It has one jet that is a massager for the lumbar area--goes in a circular motion so it hits about a 12 inch area throughout the rotation. Ahhhh, that feels really good. But the neck/shoulder ones feel even better. Funny thing is I've had this hot tub for almost 18 months and I could not get my husband to install it for me. He didn't know how to do it and wouldn't ask for help. And of course he didn't want to pay someone else. Finally one of my very best friends and her family did it for me for Christmas. My hubby helped pour the cement and was there to assist with the electrical, but my friend's husband is an electrician, so he was quick getting it done. That is the BEST gift anyone could ever do for me.

The only real problem is that I live in Idaho, and it is quite cold when going back to the house after bieng in the tub! Good thing I can't feel temperature on the bottom of my feet, lol.
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!

• It reminds me of when I was on holiday back in the summer. The pool had a jacuzzi which felt wonderful.

I can understand how great it must feel to now have this wonderful way to help your pain and sleep.

Enjoy it! and sleep well!

• claudineriddlecclaudineriddle Posts: 15
    edited 06/17/2012 - 10:45 PM
    That's good. Having a sound sleep is very necessary for the body to function properly.