Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm Claudia and I'm a newbe. Hope to find a piece of mind

cmeisnerccmeisner Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in New Member Introductions
I have several medical issues going on, so I'm going to start with basic info about me. I am post bariatric 2003. I was good with it all until Mar 2011. My stomach was in major sharp pain, dr after dr, scans, MRIs and drinking "chalk" for almost the entire year, drs told me it's all in my head & i have an eating disorder. When summer started, I was not able to keep any food down. Long story short, I found my gastric bypass dr was out of retirement and practicing part-time. Within 3 days he and my new BFF, my new gasrto doc, found my stomach was, and had been for a while, closed off from my digestive track. Lost over 70 lbs in about 3 months. All fixed!! Here are just a few of my other issues... Had O.A.T.S procedure done on right knee May 2010 and found out last week, as they drained 30+ cc's out of my knee, that the bone and tissue grafts had disintegrated. Left huge hole, back to bone on bone. Very painful. I have an MRI for my knee in 2 hours. Had carpal tunnel surgery as well as nerve release in elbow on right on Dec 14, 2011. Need same in left wrist & elbow. Had nerve test done Dec 16,2011. Both right and left hands, arms and Cervical spine had very slow reaction time, thus prompted an MRI on on Cervical Spine on Jan 5, 2012.(also have Purigo on my scalp...had 7 steroid shots today in my head. again, very painful). I freakin LIVE IN CONSTANT PAIN! Why am I here and not 6 feet under? That's why I am here. I have 3 awesome girls that need me and the best husband a woman could ask for. Also to see if anyone has had similar issues and can offer some advice. I have a lot of other medcial issues, just don't feel like going through them all. This is probably TMI anyway. I have an appt with a pain management dr tomorrow. Thank you Jesus! I hope there is someone out there that knows the pain my body is and has been through. I'm so tired of dr's telling me it's all in my head. I am going to do another post regarding my cervical spine MRI results. Thanks for listening (reading) and sorry if this is too long...You should see the "New Patient" paperwork I have to complete for every doc I see!! LOL! Have a good evening all. Always remember, food is good, people are well...or most people I should say! Rest well. Tomorrow is a new day. Embrace the good stuff :^)

• Welcome. I am sure you will find folks here that can share partial similar experiences.

Good luck at the PM doctor.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am so glad you stopped by! i am sorry you are having pain problems! this is a great site to make new friends and gather information about your problems.. stop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • Hi Claudia
    Welcome to spine health - lots of good people on this site and I'm sure everyone will try to help and support you! Praise God for your loving family!! You are so lucky to have them in your life!
    I also have had many medical procedures,and many surgeries, but luckily, I'm managing ok, with daily antidepressants and meds for sleep, with some pain meds and muscle relaxers as needed. I know how you feel with so many issues, and I keep telling my dr's that I want my own parking space, or at least coffee when I get there - humor gets me through...
    I hope you get some relief soon and can post that you're feeling better! Be well..