Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical Nerve Root Block

tkdanttkdan Posts: 62
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Spinal Injections
I'm scheduled for the 30th of this month. I'm really hoping to have some success with this. My pain level has increased greatly over the past few months. I'm having to depend more and more on pain meds in order to function somewhat normal.
Wanted to hear from others about what to expect? How many have had good or bad results?

• I have had several nerve root blocks and while they gave me relief it was short term, but it all depends on what is put in the injection. The ones I had were used as a diagnostic tool in place of being meant for relief, for any long term purposes.
  • Thanks for the reply Tam. One week away from my schedules injections. Something I was told by the dr was that if I get relief from this they can go in later and burn the nerves. He said it takes about 6 months for them to grow back so you get about 6 months of relief from that method. Has anyone here had the done? If so, what were the results?