Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

NEed Help With Pain Management

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I am still trying to recover from lamendectomy! My pain is still real bad and according to surgeon will not be better as he thinks the surgery didn't work and now wants me to have another surgery! HELP I am at my wits end and even ended calling a mental help hot line which landed me in the hospital mental unit! The doctor evaluated me and sent me home as he knew that I want help with SURVIVING! My pain increases at night If anyone has suggestions please let me know what to do I am so scarred and anxiety attacks happen to me now I am depressed and sad and hurting PLEASE HELPT ME I would so like to chat with someone thanks

• Pain and depression go hand in hand many times. I would hope that your doctor would give you something to help with your pain while you are making your decisions about surgery! If he is not, maybe your primary can help with an antidepressant or anxiety medicine for the time being?? Please let your dr. know you need help with the pain so you can be more level headed in making decisions!

Can you give a little more information about what surgery he wants to do?