Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

nerve regeneration

fourteenerffourteener Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I had a RF done on the minor occipital nerve the beginning of November of 2011. I have experienced a lot of parathesia along the sides of my head, around my ears as well as a burning sensation on my face itself. I also have experienced a lot of "burning" sensations along the back of my neck as well as up the back of my head. It has been really unpleasant as well as very upsetting. It has taken care of the frequent headaches. What I am experiencing now is the fear that the doc has done something wrong and I will have to live with the unpleasant side effects for the rest of my life. The doc says that the nerve will regrow. He gave me a bunch of nuerontin to take as well as some percocet. However, it appears that other nerves were effected as a result of the RF and that is what is causing the parathesia. I am very upset with the results and how long that it is taking for healing and getting back to "normal" if that will ever happen.