Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello, I am new here :)

MysticGirl2011MMysticGirl2011 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in New Member Introductions
Current Medical Condition -
Primary: Ruptured L4 L5 disk, Osteoarthritis, Degenerative Disk Disease and Fibromyalgia...........Secondary: stenosis of the lower spine, several bulging disks in the T region, L5 nerve root compression, scoliosis, depression, constant pain and under active thryroid.

Diagnostic Tests: Multiple MRI's and blood work

Results of the above tests: see the above

Medications: Fentanyl patches 75mcg/hr--one every 72hrs, Hydrocodone 10/325 2 every 4hrs, Savella 100mg 2x's a day, Cyclobenzaprine 10mg, 2pills in a.m. and p.m., Amtryptiline(?) 10mg bedtime.

How long: the past 5 yrs...gradual decline initially. Decreasing mobility and pain tolerance.

Doctors: PCP, Neurosurgeon

It is finally to the point where I have begun my search for answers. I know surgery (probable multiple per both drs) is awaiting me. My mobility has greatly been reduced just in the last 6 mths. My ability to function and cope with the pain is also decreasing, interfering with my daily ability to function. A friend directed me here and raved about the people and knowledge available. I look forward to making friends that understand what I am going through. Thank you!

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can.you have come to a great place to make new friends and gather information about your conditions..i am sorry that you may be facing surgery but it may be the road to a pain free life!!! good luck as you search for answers. stop by anytime!! Jenny :)
  • Many of your issues sound similar to mine, except for the T issues. When I was around 40 I was seen by a surgeon, but he told me my issue wasn't surgical. As with you, it took me many years before the pain in my back and down my legs got to the point I really thought something needed to be done.

I went in for that pain and wound up talking about my neck issues as well. It turned out that by that time (10+ years after seeing the last surgeon) I was recommended by 3 different surgeons to have cervical surgery (ACDF 3-7). Cervical trumps back. Now that I am recovered from that and am scheduled for a discectomy and laminectomy on 1/26. Hopefully that will help the pain, and not disrupt the other discs because I also have scoliosis.

Feel free to ask questions on the site.

Take care,

4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • Welcome Mystic!

A wealth of knowledge here, I am still pinching myself since finding this site, just wish I had MANY years ago.

Sorry to hear about the continued loss of mobility. I applaud you for not jumping right onto the surgery wagon. As you will see here, many folks do not get positive results. The scary part is pushing the surgery off and having the possibility of permanent damage. Stay on top of it as I am sure you are.

Welcome on board!
  • :) Hi all.

I have just jointed this forum and I am sure I will find answers to my problems from friends who may be having similar problems and will share their experiences in this forum which may be of some help to me.
    The GP referred me to an Orthopedics clinic, but they didn't think my problems were serious enough to be seen by them and I feel very frustrated! My neck and foot are very very painful - sometimes I have to take a day off. The GP has prescribed painkillers but how long can one survive only on painkillers? I had been for X-Rays of my neck and foot and I have given the findings. So can someone please go through the findings and let me know what they think of it and suggest some treatment.
    Sometimes I am not very comfortable swallowing and sometimes I get choked and find it difficult to breathe. I get pain on my right arm and also don't have much grip on the pen when writing.

There is straightening of the normal cervical lordosis with a minimal 2 mm anterolisthesis of C2 and C3. There is moderate C2/3, C3/C4 and C4/5 height loss with end place spurring and end plate spurring also at other levels. There is mild to moderate facet osteoathrosis more pronounced on the right but also with bony encroachment at the left C2/3 neural foramen.

There is mild osteoarthrosis at the articulation between the navicular and 1st cuneiform and at the 2nd TMT joint with dorsal spurring noted.
  • Hi Uggcardy

I got an email notification about your comment but for some reason I am unable to view it. Do you know how I can view it? :/

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    I am sorry but the reply by uggcardy was a spam, their post was removed and profile banned.

Welcome to Spine-Health
    I suggest making a new post on 'New Member Introductions' that way your post will be brought to the attention of members and you should get some replies and support from those with similar issues. Sometime posts get overlooked when added to an older thread.

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Authority Member Liz

• i am also new to this forum. I have just jointed and I am sure I will find answers of my problems from friends who may be having similar issues and will share their experiences in this forum.
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Welcome to sh you have come to the right place for support and information.
    Please share with us information about your spine issues so we know what issues your dealing with

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • edited by tam, spam.