:S I have been dealing with many severe symptoms for a few years now and am no closer to finding out the reason for my deterioting quality of life.
- started with 2 grandmal seizures; seizure meds for 1 1/2 years.
- would have "episodes" 3-4 x per week (dizzy, incoherent, numbness/tingling in left arm, severe sudden migraine, chest pain & a feeling of my air being cut off in the throat area on left side
-cardiologist did workup; neurologist, etc.
Systoms have escalated to the point that I now have 6-10 "episodes" a day - some last a short period others can last hours. Severe head pain (in back), lips go numb, slurring of speech, incoherent, unaware of where I am, dizzyness, excrutiating pain. This has become my daily life now and I don't know where to go for answers. Pain Mgmt did injections, Neurosurgeon states nothing wrong that would cause these symptoms.
Finally diagnosed with severe osteoporosis and the following from a recent MRI.
-Prominent spondyltic changes at C5/6 with a severe left sided neural foraminal compromise which appears to be primarily due to hypertrophic changes of the uncovertebral joint. Canal narrowing is mild.
- Broad based disc bulging at C3/4 impressing on the thecal sac but not the cord.
- Right sided cerebellar tonsillar ectopia measuring 3 mm. Borderline for Chiari Malformation 1.
- Very prominent bilateral maxillary sinus disease.
Can anyone shed any light to help me decide on the right type of physician to handle these symptoms? I have read a lot about the Chiari Malformation causing issues (some of the symptoms I experience) but a lot of docs don't recognize it to be a problem unless it is larger than 5 mm. I literally am losing my part of my life during these episodes & not being able to remember how low they last. Now it is becoming a common thing for me not to be able to communicate verbally.
I am 50 years old, have lost 20 pounds since August (now weighing 90 lbs). Any input would be GREATLY appreciated.
I just don't know what to do now! Thanks so much!!!!! :&