Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Neurologist

ldavis2333lldavis2333 Posts: 108
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
I had an appointment with my new neurologist and felt very comfortable with him. I was able to ask his opinion regarding my upcoming surgery on 1/24. I will be having a Laminectomy L2-L4. There is nerve root impingement on both sides at both levels. I have scar tissue impinging on the L5 nerve root. My only concern about having surgery is that the surgeon feels I don't need a fusion. I do already have a fusion at L5-S1 with cages. The Neurologist and PCP say I'm lucky to find a surgeon who is willing to even operate on me. They think that the surgeon is probably holding off on the fusion for a later date. I went for an MRI
of the brain and cervical spine Sunday afternoon. Neurologist ordered the brain MRI to make sure I haven't had a stroke I'm not aware of. My balance is way off. My neck has been bothering me and I wanted to get my neck done at the same time. I am going for the results tomorrow. All of my Dr's agree that I may not get any significant relief from back pain. Back pain is the worst and it's debilitating. I agreed to the Laminectomy because the back pain is so bad. If I sound confused, I am. I am interested to hear what anyone here thinks. I will let you know about the MRI's.

• I can't give advice, I can say, I do understand confusion and concern, if that helps.
    I don't think the docs can promise anything on any surgery, what does matter is faith in the doc, our personalities, commitment, positive thoughts, willingness, cooperation, being part of the team, keeping weight down, eating nourishing foods for healing and doing whatever PT wants ya to do. Hope your results are good. Also PT can give exercises to help balance.
    Leila deurell