I had an appointment with my new neurologist and felt very comfortable with him. I was able to ask his opinion regarding my upcoming surgery on 1/24. I will be having a Laminectomy L2-L4. There is nerve root impingement on both sides at both levels. I have scar tissue impinging on the L5 nerve root. My only concern about having surgery is that the surgeon feels I don't need a fusion. I do already have a fusion at L5-S1 with cages. The Neurologist and PCP say I'm lucky to find a surgeon who is willing to even operate on me. They think that the surgeon is probably holding off on the fusion for a later date. I went for an MRI
of the brain and cervical spine Sunday afternoon. Neurologist ordered the brain MRI to make sure I haven't had a stroke I'm not aware of. My balance is way off. My neck has been bothering me and I wanted to get my neck done at the same time. I am going for the results tomorrow. All of my Dr's agree that I may not get any significant relief from back pain. Back pain is the worst and it's debilitating. I agreed to the Laminectomy because the back pain is so bad. If I sound confused, I am. I am interested to hear what anyone here thinks. I will let you know about the MRI's.