Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

CD01CCD01 Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical

I have the following problem:
About 3 months ago my had went backwards after I tackle I made playing football (american) , but I was able to continue the game, without pain , no nausea or other symptom.

The following day I noticed a discomfort in the cervical area when I yawn and the musscle contract or when turning my head.

Now after 3 months the pain is still present , but only when I turn my head to the maximum on the left side ,as well as to the right..the pain is just at the hair line (short) and it seems to be underneath the trapeus muscles .

That's the only symptom , no numbnes , no headche or other symptom I read about that usually appears.

Did anybody experience something similar or have a ideea of what it could be ?
I know I should have done an X Ry before , but because the pain wan not severe I thought it was just the muscle ...but now after that long of a time that seems unlikely.

• Have you been to the doctor? We are not qualified to make any diagnosis, but it could be muscular or spinal. Go and have an x-ray done if it gives you piece of mind.
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
  • So after the X-Ray I got the diagnosys:
    C2 subluxation with the mention that it is not that serious.
    Does enybody have more information on this matter ? it would be very helpful .
  • I'm not too familiar with the term, but I think that if your pain is only present when you turn your head a certain way, I would just be careful and grateful. Maybe avoid any contact sports now that you have an issue in your cervical spine. Good luck and hope it doesn't get worse!
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
  • Hi again,

I had MRI an consulted more a more doctors.
    I was told that everything looks good, except some fatty degeneration of the insertion of the anterior longitudinal ligament on C2/C3 (they said it's nothing serious).

Now my pain it-s still there with some mentions:

1. When I take ibuprofen I fell no more pain, just a small like friction on the spionus process area of C5 to C7.

2. When I'm not on medications, I fell the same discomfort, but a little bit worse plus point 3.

3. Especially when yawning , but also when tilting my head to a side, I feel , a tension somewhere under the suboccipital muscle insertion ,like 1.5 cm left and right of the spine line.

4. There is like a tissue degeneration or inflamated ganglion on my left side, at the C3/C4 level ... on what it seems to be the trapezius or semspinalis muscles.

Do yo thin it can me some muscular problem that maybe was overlooked, or the degenerated ligament insertion may cause the simptoms ?

• I would ask your doctor about possible reasons for pain. Also, you mentioned it only hurrts when you yawn. Maybe you need more sleep.
    - Vin

3 level ACDF, c3/4, c5/6/7 in May 2012