Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello from Ohio

JawsJJaws Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi All,
Just found your forum here and thought I would join in. I had a lumbar fusion with hardware almost almost three years ago. And it did eliminate alot of my back pain. And with meds I can't hardly feel any pain . But now I am having alot of knee pain and the docs are suggesting a knee replacement. I'm only 40 and I am a little concerned about going thru with it. I know this is a back pain forum but has anyone had any experience with this surgery too ?

Thanks Jaws

• Welcome to Spine-Health.

Yes, many people here have had additional problems after their spine surgeries. Our Administrator, Ron Dilauro has had both shoulders replaced and a hip replacement most recently. Others have had the same and also knee issues.

Spine-Health has just started a new site for arthritis - you'll find the exact link in the Announcement section of the site. That might be a good place for you to visit.

Take care,
  • Thanks I'll check that out.

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. both my mother and sister have had knee replacements and are very happy with them.. fortunatly, i have had no knee problems!! i just wanted to say hello and wish you to feeling better!! be sure and check out the "Alternative Treatment forum" for more input as well.. stop by anytime!! Jenny