Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

what is the best treamemt for should pain - here are the MRI findinings

hiddenpainhhiddenpain Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have right shoulder pain( numbness, needles pain, radiating pain, etc ) for long time ( 1.5 years ), recently we did MRI scan.. here are the findings.., what is the best treatment option..

The C5-6 intervertebral disc demonstrates a moderate sized broadly based posterior and right paramedian protrusion producing moderate flattening mass effect upon the ventral aspect of the thecal sac and resulting in minimal impression upon the right ventral aspect of the spinal cord. There is a mild right uncinate join degenerative hypertrophy with mild narrowing of right c5-6 neural foramen.

The C6-7 intervertebral disc demonstrates moderate loss of height and a small posterior protrusion producing mild flattening mass effect upon the thecal sac. There is mild bilateral C6-7 neural formal narrowing.

Please suggest what it he best recommnded treatment..

• Unfortunately there is no "best treatment" What works for someone might not work for someone else. Plus... MRI's are just a tool, they don't always show everything.

They will probably have you do some physical therapy, try some meds, maybe get an injection. Hopefully that works, if not consult with a surgeon.
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • HI,

First let me say welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and you will find others in the same or similar situation. AS far as what your mri results are it would be hard for anyone of us to say as none of us are doctors. More importantly is what are your symptoms that required the need for a MRI. The doctor will use the MRI along with his/her clinical findings to make the diagnoses.

You can do some research to help yourself such as learning about the spine in general. At the top of the page you will find a search feature that you can place key terms in to learn about them. For example the thecal sak is what surrounds and protects the spinal cord, it is very durable and has several layers to it.

AS far as treatment options go, it will depend on the doctors diagnoses. But treatment options can range from conservative(physical therapy, massages, injections and so on or any combination), to surgery. Surgery of course you want to leave as a last resort unless the doctor is diagnosing you with myelopathy and then surgery is the only thing that will stop the progression but won't undo the damage that has been done.

There are many of us here whom have done all conservative treatments and then moved onto surgery. Surgery we like to say leave as a last resort is it is no magic cure, and is no guarantee. Although there are many whom have had surgery with fantastic results. When do you see the doctor whom ordered the MRI again?

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. If there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to pm me. Take care and keep us posted on how you get along.
  • doctor(neurologist) said nothing he can do after MRI results, he said to visit again him if the pain get worsen,

i am trying to see what else i can do/prevent further worsening or treatment.