Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had radiofrequency ablation on the left side of my neck due to severe pain and headaches after a severe auto-accident. I was promised to be pain-free before I left after the surgery. I tried to tell the doctor my neck hurt worse than when I came in, but was ignored. After a weekend of the worse pain I had ever experienced I returned Monday morning to my regular neurologist. After 22 trigger point injections (marcaine) the pain finally began to subside a little. The procedure went so badly I was not even charged for the surgery. I would not recommend this procedure to my worst enemy!

• NEVER, NEVER, NEVER believe anyone who promises you to be pain free after any procedure!

My guess is it wasn't the procedure which was so bad, it was the doctor who didn't know what he/she was doing which made it bad. I had RFA last month on my lower back. It hurt pretty bad once I got home and for a day or so afterwards, but then I felt pretty good. Too bad it didn't last very long!

It's horrible that you had to go through this. I would suggest that you consider reporting this to your state medical licensure board.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2