Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Facet Joint Injection

sukieessukiee Posts: 30
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello Everyone,
I had an ACDF of C6&7 in 2006. Now I have mild disc bulging at C3&4, and C5&6. I am in pain daily and unable to work. My doctor referred me back to my neurosurgeon but he said, I don't need surgery because it's not pressing on my nerve. It was recommended that I get a facet joint injection. I've had 2 cervical epidural injections in the past that only lasted for a week. Has anyone gotten this facet joint injection? I would like for you to share your experience. Did it help? Thank you for responding.

• Hi sukiee I had 2 facet joint injections a few years ago these only lasted a few days to a week then back to normal,I was then offered denervations at 2 different levels one worked the other did not, the one that helped me was for right arm pain and fingers.mixed feelings about these as my new spinal surgeon didn't like me having denervation's done,I am now waiting for anterior cervical decompression and fusion at C5/6 with osteophytes and bone spurs and foraminal stenosis.

I also had a botox injection into muscle's around my neck to relax them the muscles they were so painful and tightened up to protect my neck.I would not do botox again It worked but made my head feel rubbish for 3 months, I went around looking at the floor all day with no neck muscles working.

Nerve block last week at L5/S1 it has helped but it is early days had surgery at this level 9 weeks ago.

Have you had a recent MRI to see how things are since your surgery in 2006 ?

Hope this helps Des
  • :SS Before I had Posterior Operation on 20/23 December 2011 to C5/6/7 they gave me Facet Joint Injections to this area through both sides of neck with no anaesthetic. Very painful and took pain away for some 4 weeks but I found when pain came back it was worse than ever. Recuperating at home from the Operations. Had to have 2 as first one went wrong and left me with paralysed right arm which still has not recovered properly but I see Surgeon tomorrow 27/1/12 so trust he has an answer. Good luck with injections. I live in UK. Also had plating to facet joints 20/23 December 2011.

Take care Suikee.
  • I just had an MRI. I showed mild disc bulging at C3&4, and C5&6. Sounds like getting a facet injection is a waste of time.