Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to this forum stuff. I'll get started by telling everyone that I'm 22 years old, For several years now I have had lower back pain. I was in a car accident in 2009 and noticed it had become worse. I've never seen a doctor for my pain...mostly out of fear of the doctor not believing me. The last few weeks have been HORRIBLE. I have an appointment this friday. I'll list my symptoms and see what you all think.
1. Sharp pain when I stand up, bend over, pick my son up or sit/stand for a long period of time.
2. Sharp pain down the back of both of my legs.
3. When I bend my neck forward I feel the same sharp pain in my lower back as if I am bending over.
4. It feels like if I could just stretch it far enough or bend over enough it would "pop" and stop hurting.
5. The area above my tailbone is extremely tender, I can't even touch/push on the area without it causing tremendous pain. If Zeus where to throw a lightening rod at my back, this is what it would feel like.
6. Every morning I wake up stiff, It takes me a little bit to bring myself to push through the pain from sitting up and stand up off the bed.
I have no numbness or tingling.
Now I will list what helps the pain (which isn't very much)After I do these things the pain is maybe gone for a few minutes.
1. Laying down on my side with a pillow between my knees.
2. Laying on my back with a pillow under my knees
3. Hanging from a door, Like a kid would hang from the monkey bars.
4. Having someone push on my back while I'm laying on my stomach.
All four of my grandparents have/had DDD. My mother had surgery on her neck due to DDD when she was 35. I'm really scared about going to the doctor. Not because of what may be wrong with my back, I KNOW something is wrong and has been for a long time...I'm afraid of being judged or that she won't believe me. I know this sounds stupid but they are real concerns of mine. Since I am only 22 I fear that she may think I am making this stuff up.
If anyone has any information or has had the same type of pain or has gone through the same situation, I would love to hear what you have to say.