Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Member, couple questions

ValientDVValientD Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in New Member Introductions
I was going to post this in DDD, but I figured I should post here first. When I was 16 I hit a steel cable line going around 50mph on a quad that almost took my head off. Had massive whiplash and only x-rays after it happened. They showed that nothing was wrong. When I was 23 I strained my back helping pick up a huge rock while landscaping. I couldn't move around for a few days. Didn't go to a doctor for it. The next season I strained my back again the same exact weekend doing almost the same thing. This time I was out for about a week, so I went to my dr. to schedule an MIR.
I was diagnosed with DDD when I was 24, I am now 29. At the time the MRI showed I also had a bulge on my L4. I changed jobs and tried to take care of my back as best as possible. Last year I had to take a new job where I would be doing more physical labor because of the economy, I had no other choice. After an extremely strenuous day on the job, I woke up the next day with tingling in my fingers. I wasn't insured at the time, but my chiro was cutting me deals, so he did x-rays on my entire spine. He found what he believes is a bone spur on my C5. This was last April. Around July 20th this past summer I strained my back getting off the table after a massage at the chiro office. I was stuck at the office for hours before I was able to handle the pain and get moved into my car. My back was strained and kept having massive muscle spasms for about a week again. Since then the tingling I was getting in my fingers is also showing up in my feet. It comes and goes, some days it is worse then others. I have since then gotten insurance and I have an appointment with the Ann Arbor Spine Center Feb. 10th. I have been doing a lot of research the last couple weeks and it has been giving me anxiety with all the possibilities of what could be wrong with me. Hell, earlier I had myself convinced that I probably had diabetes because of all the tingling. I don't take a lot of meds and can usually deal with the muscle spasms and pain, but with whatever the heck is going on with my nerves is really driving me nuts. Is having my nerves acting up like this typical for a lot of you with DDD? Do you think i'll have to be tested for other diseases? Besides this I am in pretty good health and shape and exercise through the pain. I don't know anyone else personally to talk to with these problems. Thanks for any advise that you can give me.

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. it is really impossible to give you a diagnosis online and something we can't do here on SH.. i can tell you that you need to relax,stop exercising till you see the doctor and wait till then for a diagnosis..whatever was going on at 24 is no longer valid and x-rays don't show up much.. you need to see a doctor and most likely a new MRI...he will take a history and if anything else is suspect, i am sure he will refer you where needed.. have a good look around the forum and make yourself at home.. there is lots of information about DDD available here on the site..good luck with your appointment!! Jenny :)