Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SpineMed Decompression Table

jewfro18jjewfro18 Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Lower Back Pain
I've been doing this for 19 sessions now, with one more session left on Monday. I've been told by the guy who operates the table not to do ANY exercise, and I haven't for the last month.

This has been really hard for me considering how active I normally am. When I had met with the doctor originially though, he had only mentioned not lifting heavy weights.

I have a flag football game this weekend and I'm wondering if I could play in it or not? Am I at risk of hurting myself even more? I have a herniated L5-S1 disk by the way...

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it.

• If you have a herniated disc. Then anything involving bending, lifting, twisting can make it worse. I'll let you figure out how that applies to football ;-)
  • I second what Z06 wrote!
    BLT... no BLT!!! Bending, Lifting, Twisting~!
    (did you mention this game to your Dr? .... if he said no exercise... what the heck is football?)
    sorry for the sarcasm.. couldn't help it!
  • If suppose you are pain is increased after every paly that means yiu need to make prorper care..

Thank You
  • Really? No way you should be playing FB with a herniated disc, especially at that level. Everything you do affects that area. I can't imagine you doing anything positive to your back by playing and I can imagine you making it a lot worse. You need to take care of yourself first! I used to run, a lot, almost 100 miles a week. I pulled or twisted something but I was tough, a real Marine, and I ran through it. I had a great marathon and ran 2:34:45. I was really happy but I haven't been the same since. And, that was a really long time ago. I wish I had taken it easy and let myself heal. Whatever you decide to do, please be aware of the potential consequences. Best of luck regardless.
This discussion has been closed.