Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Dizziness after having periferial occipital nerve stimulator and SCS

beverly62bbeverly62 Posts: 17
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
I'm three months post-op from having a SCS and a periferial occipital nerve stimulator. Since having surgery it's as if my equilibrium has been effected. I get very dizzy and at times have to hold on to something to keep from falling. My ears have been checked to make sure I don't have an ear infection, but this all started right after surgery. Could the periferial occipital nerve stimulator be causing this? Though my doctor has done thousands of SCS mine was his first periferial occipital nerve stimulator and he's not sure if this could cause my symptoms. I'm not getting any pain relief from the procedure, it is so positional they can't get it in the area I need it in. The rep has spent endless hours programing it with no success. At this point the doctor is considering going back in to move the leads.
Has anyone else experienced this problem?

• I went through 6 procedures of PTNS (percutaneous tribial nerve stimulation). It is actually a " mini" acupuncture on one spot only (ankle) with a small electrical advice.
    After sixth procedures I got symptoms of dizziness, pressure on my head, heart palpitations and more. I fight this condition for about a week hoping that it goes away by itself, but it was not. Finally, I got to the emergency room of the hospital and was admitted. All tests are good except pulmonary arteria enlarging in diameter. MD did additional test to make sure, it's not dangerous, and let me go home.
    My symptoms are with me.
    I saw your post and one more about the same or very similar symptoms after the same procedures. I realized where my symptoms came from.

Please let me know if your dizziness and other negative symptoms wen away! I am very upset about my head pressure and dizziness as well as weakness and tiredness! Will it ever go away?

I would like to find out more people who'ss side affects similar to mine! We could united together to make others aware of these procedures!