Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Did YOUR SI joint injection work? PLEASE ANSWER

autimom4everaautimom4ever Posts: 25
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems

I want to see if it is worth it...

Thanks all

• Is the injection you are talking about the same one I am talking about over at this post?

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • It helped for a short time but after 3 years of injections I'm not getting any more unless it's a diagnostic injection for Radio Frequency Ablation or surgery. I hope it helps you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I had three theraputic and one diagnostic intra articular injections in the SI last year. The Theras would last maybe a week then we did a marcaine only and it helped the pain although that wasnt the intention. Whatever it is Ill take it, SI pain is horrible. Never had RFA on it though.
  • last May, but the pain relief only lasted for 24 hours. I was so disappointed.

I'm not sure if anything else can be investigated, but I'll find out this week when I attend my post-operative appointment. I had the screws replaced and a stabilising rod inserted, as the surgeon wanted to do the 'easy' option first in the hope that this sorted out the pain. Sad to say it hasn't.

I hope you can get pain relief very soon for your symptoms.
    2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!
  • This past fall I had two SI joint injections and they worked out great for me. I went from not able to sit in a car for more than a few minutes to able to drive pretty much wherever I need to go. I was also able to put the walker away, which I had to use from time to time that summer.

Its been over three months now since my last injection and I'm still doing well. I'm having pain flares from time to time, but other than that I still feeling very well....Mitch

• For about a year, I'd been having pain in the SI joint area, as well as fairly severe pain radiating down my leg, to the point where i couldn't sit for more than an hour. I got an SI joint block, and it was like a miracle, knocking out both pain at the joint and the referred leg pain.
    So far it's been about 4 months, and the results have held. Some minor achy-ness at the joint, but I haven't had a recurrence of the leg/butt pain.
    Good luck, and hope you get good results, too.
  • i had one last year when they were trying to figure out what was wrong with me and it didnt do anything. also had them in several places in my low back that didnt help at all. finally i had a 2 level alif surgery. now my back hurts horribly and it didnt like this before. anyway - went back to the ortho monday and he said he was stumped and the only thing we could do is start over again...not what i wanted to hear but im so desperate ill do anything. he said it sounded like si joint issues but wasnt sure and asked me if id do another injection in the hip to find out. i said okay. he went deeper that the one last year and when the marcaine went in i got a bit of relief immediately..like 25-35 %. anything was better than what i live with daily. he said that the numbing would wear off and the steriod or whatever would kick in and should help some. IT HASN'T. Once the marcaine wore off that night it was back to "i wanna die!!" kinda pain. 2 days since then and nothing but excruciating pain still. so none that i ever had has helped me. i feel for ya...it sux!!!
  • Usually an injection is used for diagonisic purposes, and sometimes you do get relief for a while. Have you talked about an SI fusion with your doctor? There are very good techniques out there, and with the right information, you can find the answers you are looking for.
  • After waiting 3 years I finally gave in and had an SI joint injection..
    I remember it hurt like mad..But I was pain free for 3 weeks..
    I had 2 more shots..These next 2 didn't hurt,and didn't work either?