Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

R_MRR_M Posts: 30
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Water Cooler
Anyone use a "digital filing cabinet" ? I have so many papers scattered about, and was seriously considering buying something to just store documents digitally.

I currently have a simple printer, but no scanner.

Torn between buying a basic scanner and organizing my files without special software.... OR.... buying a scanner and some some software separately .....OR ....buying a product specifically intended to scan and organize. A search feature would be nice, rather than just opening folders and sub-folders looking for one specific document.

Ideas? Currently using a setup you would recommend?

I do by the way have an external hard drive for backing up the files, just no way to create and organize. I'm not running a business here just a household. would like to keep it as simple as possible

• I have the same problem and was giving serious thought to buying that try neat system on TV - don't! It has horrible reviews.

I have looked on line for over 3 months for something simple and cheap. I think I found it last night :)

We are not allowed to post links, but maybe here since it is non medical I am OK. If link or post is removed send me a PM and i will send you the info.

Click on premium and scroll down - you can scan items and the store them there and search for them by titles like car repairs, insurance papers etc. At 45.00 a year that is a great deal!! :)

I signed up for the free part for now but come payday I am getting a membership.

You still have to get a scanner but if you look around you can get a printer, scanner in one for under 50.00 Walmart had 1 the other day for 29.00 ;)

Link removed, solicitation not permitted
    Post Edited by Authority Member Liz
    I am sorry I had to remove the link as it is selling products

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • PS: I reviewed all the software out there to organize paper work, receipts and such with and they all stink.

I talk to my computer "go to" guy friend and he said he also looked around for same reason and everything he found had bad reviews.

Go to Google and type in (as example) reviews about tryneat. Make sure you don't land on a company or an affiliate site! lol They will lie through their keyboards ;)

Forums are the ones that give best reviews as well as amazon.com I get a LOT of th truth from amazon. Example go there like I just did type in tryneat reviews. It's top star is a 3 and there are 273 reviews and 104 of them gave it a 1 and only 72 gave it a 5

Amazon has a lot of uses other then buying books :)

Hope all this info helps you...

OK I seen at amazon I gave you wrong info stats for try neat but you still get the general idea - just think of try neat as an example ;)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • Thank you for the input Humpty. For whatever reason I am looking for something without online backup. I dont trust my documents out there in cyberspace. I was at best buy today to buy some tax software, so I looked at their print/fax/scan machines. They did not have any good literature on the machines and for the first time maybe ever a sales person did not ask if I needed help. They always ask in BestBuy. Looking at them there seem to be some decent options for 150 or so.... but like you said. There might be something just as good for 50 bucks. I am gonna have to do more research online. The main thing is how to organize once scanned. Am I over thinking this?
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    I love flashdrives! and prefer them to the dvds..personally.

The flashdrives can be updated..where when the dvd..i forget what it is called..but closes itself so you can't add to it.

I use flashdrives as download..backup for my computer stuff..for pic and music to show when grandkids here :) and for different projects either fun..of info collecting.

I started grandkids on flashdrives with some of their favorite songs or pics..and they gave me.. kind of like a jewelry tree..only metal like and cool and I hang all my drives..that aren't private.

It's a little thing not only useful..makes me happy and I grab the fun wherever I can! :)
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    I've used various brands of ALL in ONE Printers. (Fax, Print, Copy, Scan)
    When I come home from a doctor's visit, I scan in the receipt. So, I have a folder (each year) for all the various receipts I get from doctors, pharmacies, dentists, etc.

In addition, I have several combined spreadsheets that detail all of my medical expenses. I use that for end of year coordination as well as for Income Tax time.

I've looked at some of those hand held scanner devices. Honestly, I was not impressed. Overall , those All in One printers cost about the same and do so much more
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com