Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

10 days post Rhizotomy/in Excruciating Pain

Silverstar8SSilverstar8 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Spinal Injections
I am 10 days post rhizotomy and miserable, in more pain than I can cope with at this time. Been dealing with this for over a year, am depressed and hopeless.
Actually it seems my original cervical pain is improved, either that or this new pain is so bad that it's covering it up. I have the scalp burn that extends down into my shoulder, down past my collar bone into my chest. It isn't even on the same side that my original pain was on? WTH? I cannot even stand to run a brush through my hair, can't stand the pressure or weight of clothes on my shoulder and neck. it feels like I have been skinned alive. Please tell me this is going to go away soon and that my other pain has been relieved some. I take Cymbalta, Lyrica,Hydrocodone, Meloxican. Need some hope.

• Sorry for your new pain. My experience was back in early July I had RFA at c2-3-4. What you are describing sounds more intense than what I had, but I had a spot of burning that took about 2 months to settle down, but it did eventually go away. What has your doctor said about it?
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • I went in last Thursday, He said my symptoms were more intense than some, about 5 percent were like mine. that is when he put me on the lyrica, meloxican and robalaxin and upped my hydrocodone... he eewas sympathetic and said everything was going to be okay and he'd see me again next week..I have done nothing but cry for a solid week. I don't think I can take another week of this.
  • Do you have any updates on your pain? My wife had her Rhizotomy 3 weeks ago and is experiencing similar pain you were except it's on the same side. Did anything help with the pain? Did it eventually go away? Any advice you can recommend would be helpful.
  • my husband had a rhizmony last thursday- he is in more pain then before
    he had the procedure on his lower back on left side...
    he feels worse then ever- he even took stronger meds for the pain, and he nevers takes anything stronger then Aleve..
    he feels like they went on fishing expedetion on him
    he is not happy camper right now
    anybody have any sugguestions i can pass along to him
    pls help
  • ICE is the only comfort and whatever pain med the doctor ordered is my recommendation. I am on day 6 after my RFA and I feel for your husband this is by far the worst pain I have ever endured. :(