Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Had to go to the ER on Saturday

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Bad sore throat-wanted to make sure it wasn't strept throat because it had red spots and blisters. The rapid test came back negative which I am happy for.

The nurse that triaged me told me I am more prone to infections because of the steroids they gave me to prevent my throat from swelling, Wish someone would have told me that.

It's funny how nice they are this time. Maybe it's because I showed up in a neck brace. Did I get the star treatment. And guess what? I saw the same doctor I saw in June. He asked me what was with the braces. I told him that I had a 2 level acdf and that I had seen him in June when the problems first started and how annoyed I was that some of the people I saw treated me like a drug seeker.

Made me feel good to say that to someone who treated me during this whole thing.

• I'm glad your visit to A & E wasn't serious in the end and that you got an opportunity chat to your doctor and let him know how you felt. Although he probably won't do anything about it, at least you got it off your chest and feel better for doing so now. Good for you!
    2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!
  • ER for sore throat? Dont you have a regular dr you could go see? I had strept throat few years ago and gp put me on antibiotics for it,

Usualy dont need an er visit for strep is why i am asking,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I go to the Community Health Center and they are closed on Saturday. It was the Urgent Care not the ER. They used to be an ER but changed a while back.

I don't have insurance-some of us don't have the luxury of a private doctor who you can make same day appointments even if the CHC was open. Example-if I am sick at 11 am I can not call and get a same day appointment. Same day appointments have to be made at 7:30 in the morning. I have the states indigent care program which is accepted by the hospitals and CHC.
  • Oh ok so urgent care not er. Got it, Well at least it was not strep cause those suck,

I think many with even the best of insurance cant always get in to see dr same day,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I didn't get too much sleep last night. The valium helps a little with the muscle spasms but the heating pad is the best and it zonked out on me last night. It's one of those shoulder pads by sunbeam. I ordered another this morning that will be here Wednesday,