Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question on Minor Nerve problem

ArcticKnight17AArcticKnight17 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I say "minor" because in the context of all the posts and topics I have read in the forum it is, indeed, minor.

I wanted to post some symptoms to see if anyone had an idea want might be the cause.

I have minor neck flexibility issues and grinding (I am 50) but no major problems that have not been been helpd by no longer sleeping on my stomach.

Howver, I am experiencing and odd nerve-type problem that I think may be caused in the neck/upper spine area.

The discomfort is in an area that can best be desrcibed as right between my left tricep, bicep, and below my lateral deltoid. When lifting weights I can do all my normal ececises except a normal width grip bench press. If I do try my left arm could not handle a barbell with even 50 lbs. The odd thing is I can do narrow grip bench press, tricep work of any kind, bicep work of any kind, back work of any kind, and even narrow grip bench press. The nerve (becuase I don't think it is muscular) is only agrivated or stressed when I try bench pressing or normal width pushups.

If anyone has any experience with this type of thinkg could you suggest whether my first step should be physio or chiropractic, or if there are some neck ecercises, or posture things that might take pressure of the area being impinged (if that is what is happening). If so, are there certain disk areas likley to be the culprit

Once agan, this is not a serious problem, but it is persistent.

Thanks in advance for any input.

• Your best bet would be to see your doctor, who would refer you to do some diagnostic testing first, to make sure there is nothing going on with your spine, at least some x-rays or possibly an MRI. Without knowing what the root problem is, it's hard to know what route to take for conservative care. I will say though, you definitely don't want to see a chiro until some sort of imaging has been done, and any reputable chiro won't work on you til they see something, as they can cause more serious damage with manipulation if they don't know what's going on, or if there is any damage.
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own