Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic pain that wont heal, young and in shape

socal50ssocal50 Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Chronic Pain
Hey guys,

If you can help me I will be SO grateful.

I am 26 years old, I have been athletic for my whole life, last couple years I have been working a lot so not as much exercise as I have had previously in my life. Not overweight or with any other health problems. Same size legs and no scoliosis.

Working on my house (I would guess 8+months ago) I was using an air hammer to break out tile in my kitchen. The next day my back was sore, then over the next few days it got progressively worse to the point where I would walk where I needed to go then just sit down which eased the pain (Laying down always better).

Got a new office chair, new bed, new couch, new shoes, changed the seat in my car, pretty much tried every occupational thing possible to try to help rule these out as still causing a problem.

Pain got a little better, but wouldn't go away. Went to a sports doctor, got Xrays (perfect), got MRI (perfect), went to physical therapy for a couple months, went to a spine guy, went to a non-cracking chiropractor, went to my regular doctor, went to physiatrist MD... that leave me to where I am now. Pain is better than it was initially, but varies from day to day.

I have been told I need to stretch, I have been told my hips are tilted forward, I have been told the opposite, etc. I have tried this a few different times. Last time I found it was making the pain worse to a point that it was getting hard to walk for any kind of distance.

No numbness, nothing weird just back pain that radiates into my glutenous and up my spine. I really need help, I am considering going back to the last doctor and getting a shot but I feel like this is just more of a band-aid than a solution to something that isn't going away.

Any advice appreciated.

• Sorry just realized I put this in the wrong section, could an administrator please move for me?

I moved it to the Chronic Pain section
    Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Administrator 02/02/12
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    From what you have posted and the results of the diagnostic tests, I would almost want to see its muscular related. Strain/Torn muscle, Pinched nerve,

Some of that can be very difficult to get rid of. Once a condition is isolated , the medical field should be able to create an action plan that would help to eliminate the problem.

Are you on any type of medication? Has anyone suggested muscle relaxers for you?

I am just guessing here, but hopefully one of your doctors will pin point the problem.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Never rule out annular tears as they can cause pain and not show up on scans. Hard to diagnose. Also unfortunatly I can go to 10 different doctors based in different specialties and I will hear the same hips tilted, legs uneven, disc, facet, nerves, tear it is a long process to narrow it down to what it really is. I suggest starting with easiest, muscular, like Dilaro says but reasearching and keeping in mind the rest in event muscular is not it. Eggs in one basket only lengthens time to diagnosis. I was one who attacked everything I was told each time and faced disappointment when that was not it. Sad thing is they probably all contribute a bit. Spine sucks.
    Herniated T6-7, multiple herniations in cervical, tears in T5-T8. Stenois at levels and smorls nodes from thoracic thru lumbar
  • I have tried muscle relaxants and they didnt really do anything. I only take voltarine when it gets really bad, I was taking this on a regular basis but not anymore.

At this point, 8+months, I'm not sure what it CAN be. If it was a disk, it would have healed, I'm not even sure what could hurt for that long.
This discussion has been closed.