Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Greetings All

Lnwlf184LLnwlf184 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:00 AM in New Member Introductions
Greetings All,

I have just recently joined this fine forum and thought it a good idea to introduce myself.

My name is Kenny I was involved in an industrial accident in 1991. I have since had 4 cervical fusions.

1. C-6 C-7 done in 1991 anterior
2. C-5 C-6 done in 1992 anterior
3. C-3 C-5 done in 2001 anterior
4. C-3 C-5 done in 2011 posterior it seems the bone graf used in 2001 did not hold.

It has been what seems like a lifetime since I have been pain free!(normal pain level is around a 5-6) Since my last surgery it is a constant 9-10. My pain managment doc has me on Lyrica. Does not work!! Norco 10/325 which I have to take 2 every 4 hours to get through the day, add in Amerix once a day for the spasms.
As it stands right now I can barely use my arm due to the pain.

Cheers,
Kenny

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,065
    It sounds like you have had a lot of cervical problems and surgeries.

I have had 3 ACDF and have had great results, no pain,etc.

If you are dealing with pain levels at a constant 9-10, you belong in the ER or admitted to a hospital.
    People stop functioning correctly at those high pain levels.

The Lyrica would be for any nerve pain, so I am not sure if you have a nerve problem since you did not comment about it.

Again, pain levels that high, you need to go to the ER. No one should have pain levels that high and stay at home or continue to do things that they normally do. It is not safe.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com