Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi, I´m new!

Mariahn99MMariahn99 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in New Member Introductions
Hey guys! I´m new here. I am Mariahn and I´ve been suffering from sciatica pain sice few months. Been looking for a treatment to get rid of this awful back pain. Hope to find useful tips in this forum, take care!

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. there are many different treatments for sciatica but i have been using a nerve pain medication.. it has made a world of difference in my pain level...it is something you might talk to your doctor about.. i am sure he will have other suggestions as well.the forum is full of information on the subject.. check out the "search engine" at the top of the page.. good luck to you!! stop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • For several months, my back and leg became so weak, injured and painful. I went to an ortho, he sent me to PT, 3x/weekly, for 1 month. My 'injury' progressed so rapidly, that within one month I was barely unable to walk. I had 4/5 foot drop, extensive leg pain, tingling and numbness. Long story short, after one month, my ortho FINALLY sent me for an MRI. I went for an epidural, which lasted approx 45 min of pain free leg pain and serenity, then the morphine wore off!!. I was sent for a surgically consult and within a day and a half, I was in the hospital awaiting surgery. My one hour planned laminotomy/discectomy lasted 3 1/2 hrs and my disc was sequestered. Certainly unexpected and rare according to my surgeon. I am now 4 weeks post op and seem to have plateaued with my recovery. I have increased back pain mostly sharp pains near and around the surgical site. I can not sit, and walk with a 'limp' but can put my heel to the floor, which is an improvement. I can not lift my toes off the floor or put weight on my heel. I still can not put on socks and am adhering to my limitations of no bending, twisting, lifting. I'm in bed for 16+ hrs/per day I would think. Have I done something wrong to increase the pain status or am I being impatient?? I can not sit long, walk swiftly and can only sleep with my legs raised. I have been on percocet for 2 1/2 months, but I began to ween the pain Med within the first week post op. This week, I have been increasing my doses. I'm also concerned I'm becoming depressed??? Am i becoming dependent on the meds?? I called my surgeon today, left a msg, and no returned my concerns....great. I am 41 yrs old, exceptionally active and am desperate to be my 'old self again. Any thoughts or guidance?? Btw, my doc told me I could drive and return to work, use the treadmill and eliptical 10 days post op. Seriously??? He must think I'm Superwoman or he's insane!! Than for listening.