Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone else got cold feet (literally)?

LA_runner_chickLLA_runner_chick Posts: 91
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Spinal Stenosis
I have what I call "corpse feet": no matter how warm the rest of my body is, my feet get icy, painfully cold. I've always dismissed it as just a weird quirk, but I've read through a few stenosis-related posts in which people mention having them, too.
Anybody else?
Is this a thing I should worry about, or should I just deal with it and buy extra socks?

• Hi, I have a real issue with my left foot being icy cold aswell, I have lumbar central canal stenosis, hmmm wonder if there is any connection?
    Surgery = 2 level Active L replacement discs
    L4/5 L5/S1 Sept 2012, feeling great !
  • mommywomanmmommywoman Posts: 24
    edited 06/30/2012 - 6:34 PM
    I have spinal stenosis in both legs causing nerve pain from the hip to feet. I have not noticed the cold feet, but I get this sensation of standing in water where my feet feel as they are getting wet and somwhat cool. Dr says it's from stenosis. Haven't asked if I should worry and he didn't seem concerned. The sensation is only ocassionally.
  • yes I have the same,epidurals for severe spinal stenosis clogged my spinal canal with fatty tissue, almost paralized me. Had epidurals for 2 years straight/ steriods to releave pain however it stopped working. European doctor diagnosed it and with the lumbar spine fusion, dtrs also cleaned my right leg and spinal canal so that blood flow went through my legs, occassionally is still have cold feet and legs, no circulation.

Have other issue now, possible implant rejection in lumbar spine and severe spinal stenosis continues
    Thank you, CST
  • brownykittybbrownykitty Posts: 4
    edited 07/22/2012 - 2:08 PM
    My hubby hates being anywhere near me because i try to warm them up on his legs and he jumps lol. He gets mad so i wear winter socks to bed now in 90 plus weather,,i can't feel them anyhow nor my legs from my feet and up to my knee's. i just feel a acheyness in my legs but my cold feet are my weapeons lol:)
    Gotta joke around or i will just sit around and cry that is a no no:)
  • I haven't been asking for any meds just dealing with the pain in my back and legs and i fall alot sometimes it is funny most times not as i have broken my wrist 2 times and my ankle once..have casts in the summer suck..:P
  • I have these just out of the blue face plant or using the washroom i have fallen in the bath tub and that is where my breaks have happened so weird??
  • Leg pain for symptoms like restless leg syndrome may be nerve damage, check with your dtr. I take gabapentin to stop nerve pain down my legs so that I can sleep at nights, its gotten better
    Thank you, CST
  • cstccst Posts: 14
    edited 07/29/2015 - 5:22 AM
    Four years later, after removing my broken implant and replacing it with rods and screws in the lumbar area, I not only have numb toes in my left and right feet, I wear two pairs of socks to bed at night and still feel as if I had frost bite! I drink tea every night to warm up, place my feet in warm or hot water so that I can get some relief. Had surgery 6 weeks ago. Is this normal to have cold feet? Always had cold feet from my first surgery but with this 2nd surgery, it seems it got worse .... Or is it part of recovery?
    Thank you, CST
This discussion has been closed.