Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

can SI pain be caused by too much progesterone in NON-pregnant women?

pelayoappelayoa Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems
I have had low back pain (recently diagnosed as sacroiliac) for about 6 months. It started as just a "sore back" and has progressed to basically keeping me laying down to get relief. Can't stand or sit without severe pain for more than about 2 minutes. Have been to every Dr. and had every test known to man. Am currently at an exceptional Pain Mgmt center. They tried steroid injection to the SI joints. The anesthetic worked like a champ and my pain was immediately reduced (before I even got up from the table); however it was short lived, once it wore off, there was no additional pain relief from the steroid. So the Dr is thinking it's the sacroiliac tendons, which we may try RFN to get some quick relief and we are starting prolotherapy. My main question is....I did not injure my back 6 mos ago. The ONLY change I made was starting to take Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement therapy, specifically 20-36 drops of progesterone depending on time of the month. I am reading that pregnant women get lots of SI pain from increase in hormones Relaxin and Progesterone. My question is...can the BHRT progesterone increase, by itself, cause this SI pain in a non-pregnant woman? have searched all over internet but can't find answer.